APPLYING FOR A PASSPORT
Information on how to obtain the Czech passport online
The Czech passport online is issued to Czech citizens at any age, and is the primary document of international travel issued by the Czech Republic. The passport allows for free rights of movement and residence in any of the states of the European Union and European Free Trade Association.
The passport is issued by the Interior Ministry (Ministerstvo vnitra), and as is internationally customary remains property of the Czech Republic and can be withdrawn at any time. It is a valid Proof of Citizenship document according to the Czech nationality law. If substantiated, citizens can hold multiple passports at the same time. Children can no longer be included in the passport of their parents.
The biometric passports have been issued since 2006 with a ten-year validity, or for citizens under fifteen years of age with a five year validity. The data page is printed on a polycarbonate card and the photograph is laser-etched.
Applicants must submit the following:
Czech birth certificate;
Czech marriage/divorce certificate (obligatory in case of Czech citizens who are married or divorced);
Consular fee (payable when you come to collect the passport)
Previously issued Czech/Czechoslovak passport;
Document proving the residency status in Israel – citizenship card or Israeli passport in case the applicant is an Israeli citizen or valid visa in other cases;
Document proving Czech citizenship – e.g. previously issued but still valid Czech passport, valid “občanský průkaz” (national ID card), certificate of Czech citizenship (must not be older than 1 yeares
Document containing “rodné číslo” (unique personal number) – either birth certificate (if it contains rodné číslo), passport, občanský průkaz or other official document issued by Ministry of the Interior containing “rodné číslo”;
Declaration of Czech Citizenship Declaration (DOC, 52 KB) (please fill out and bring with you)
Passport picture can be of the standard 4,5 x 3,5 cm size or larger (for example 5 x 5 cm). We suggest to arrange for the photograph in a photo shop near the Embassy which already has an experience with the specifics (for example Ibn Gvirol 31, Tel Aviv).
The photograph for biometric passport must satisfy all the following criteria:
– Photograph may not be older than six months.
– Photograph must be in sharp focus and clear, printed on a high quality paper at high resolution.
– The face must be centered and must cover most of the photograph – the focus may not be too close up or too distant. The head may not be tilted.
– You must look straight to the camera. Facial expression must be neutral, the mouth must be shut.
– Eyes must be open and entirely visible.
– Red eyes or shadows on the face are not permitted.
– Eyes behind the glasses must be entirely visible, flash reflections are not permitted, neither are tinted glasses.
There are no reviews yet.